ಮೈಸೂರು ವಿಶ್ವವಿದ್ಯಾನಿಲಯ ಹಿರಿಯ ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿಗಳ ಸಂಘ
University of Mysore Alumni Association
The University of Mysore, now a hundred years old, has had more than a million students pass through its portals. It is to harness the creative and organizational energies of this large and talented population that the University of Mysore Alumni Association, UMAA, has been conceived.
University of Mysore Alumni Association (UMAA) was registered as an association under
- bringing together all the Alumni,
- motivating alumni towards the fields of education and culture, and
- To develop a feeling of oneness and fraternity amongst the alumni of Mysore University.
The First Managing Committee was
|1||Prof. S N Hegde||Chief Patron, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor|
|2||Mr. R.Vasudeva Murthy||President|
|3||Prof. P.M.Chikkaboriah||Vice President|
|4||Prof. VK Nataraj||Secretary|
|5||Prof. BR Ananthan|| Joint
|12||Mr. T D
In April 2015, as part of the initiative to commemorate the Centenary year of the University of the Mysore, the Executive Committee of the Association was reconstituted with a mandate to create greater awareness amongst the alumni, drive membership growth, and to create additional programs in order to keep members involved and engrossed.
A 16 member Executive Committee was elected, with the following members and office bearers:
|1||Mr. K Arkesh||President|
|2||Dr. M A Shekar||Vice President|
|3||Mr. Arjun Ranga||Vice President|
|5||Mr. K Narendra||Joint Secretary|
|6||Prof. H Rajashekar||Treasurer|
|7||Mr. M Mahadevaswamy||Executive Committee Member|
|8||Prof. Hemantha Kumar||Executive Committee Member|
|9||Mr. N Niranjan Nikam||Executive Committee Member|
|10||Prof B S Vishwanath||Executive Committee Member|
|11||Prof B K Jagadisha||Executive Committee Member|
|12||Mr. D Sudhanva||Executive Committee Member|
|13||Dr. Vasanth Kumar Thimkapura||Executive Committee Member|
|14||Prof. Ramachandregowda||Executive Committee Member|
|15||Prof. Chambi Puranik||Executive Committee Member|
|16||Prof. Vasanthamma||Executive Committee Member|
In June 2015, in a Special General Body Meeting, the following important changes were initiated:
- The name of the Association was changed to The University of Mysore Alumni Association – UMAA
- The fresh set of
Bye Lawswere created with the intention of taking on an expanded role in the interest of members.
In April 2018, as part of the initiative to commemorate the Centenary year of the University of the Mysore, the Executive Committee of the Association was reconstituted with a mandate to create greater awareness amongst the alumni, drive membership growth, and to create additional programs in order to keep members involved and engrossed.
- Raja Mathe Dr. Pramoda Devi Wadiyar
- G Hemantha Kumar
Hon’ble Vice- Chancellor
- Dr. Vasanth Kumar Thimakapura
- K. Arkesh
Immediate Past President
6. Prof. Vasanthamma
7. S Umesha
8. M. S. Sapna
9. K.N. Amruthesh
Smt. Nandini Murthy
Prof. K. A. Raveesha
Dr. V. Jagannath
Prof. C. Naganna
Aims, Objectives and Primary Activities
The Alumni Association of The University of Mysore (“Association”) is set up to connect alumni of The University of Mysore (“University”) to The University and to each other, to provide valued service to members of The Association (each, a “ Member”), and to support The University’s mission of teaching, research and service.
The Primary Objectives of the Association shall be to:
- Foster fellowship and provide a forum to bring together members of The Association for their progress and development.
- Build an association with The University.
- Help members to contribute to the development and progress of The University and society at large.
- To assist and provide opportunities to students, teachers, non-teaching staff and alumni of The University for their academic and professional advancement.
- Promote education, including special education, and employment enhancing skills at The University and for the Association.
The Association shall aim to
- Encourage, organize, promote, sponsor or support lectures, seminars, workshops, competitions, training programmes, institutional courses
andsimilar activities, in respect of topics and personalities in the fields dealt with or adopted at The University from time to time.
- Institute and grant awards, scholarships, loans, fellowships and assistantships for students, teachers, non-teaching staff and alumni of The University, as also for students & faculty associated with The University.
- Seek, canvas and receive assistance, in cash or in kind, by way of endowment, patronage, sponsorship, scholarship, gifts or donations of materials, assets and properties in the name of The Association, especially from Alumni, to enable The Association carry out any or all of the above activities and to fulfil its objectives.
- Buy, build, lease or rent properties (moveable and
immoveable) and premises for the use of The Association and/or The University to fulfilits objectives.
- Carry out above and any other similar activities jointly with associations,
organisationsand/or similar bodies for furtheranceof the objectives of The Association.
- Donate educational materials, scientific equipment, instruments, furniture, fixtures, goods and materials to the University or for their staff and students and for deserving alumni.
- Enable implementation or management of projects, programmes
andactivities for the benefit of The University and societyat large.
- To maintain archives of diverse forms of content related to the University; and preserve the heritage, memories
andvalues of the University, the city of Mysore, and the regions represented by the University.
recognisedistinguished Alumni with the objective of making their achievements a source of inspiration to Association Members and University students.